Manual Handling Instructor Refresher Course (one day)
This one-day course is designed for instructors who wish to update and refresh their current knowledge and skills in order to keep abreast of current developments. The Health & Safety Authority require that Manual handling instructors do this on a regular basis.
Existing instructors who do not hold a FETAC Level 6 certificate (now a requirement to deliver manual handling training) and who wish to achieve FETAC level 6 certification through the recognition of prior learning process (RPL) may also benefit from this update course before proceeding to undertake the assessment for FETAC certification in Manual Handling training.
Aim - Manual Handling Instructor Refresher Course
To update Manual Handling Instructors on recent developments in the area of manual handling training and to practice and refine their power point presentations and their manual handling techniques.
Course Content - Manual Handling Instructor Refresher Course
- Update on current legislation
- Risk assessment process
- Manual handling assessments and implementation of control measures
- Demonstration and practice of a range of relevant manual handling techniques and equipment
- Problem solving of complex handling tasks
Entry Requirements - Manual Handling Instructor Refresher Training course:
- Course participants must be manual handling instructors. Ideally they should also be currently providing manual handling training in the workplace.
- Candidates should be reasonably fit and have no back or joint problems as manual handling training is a physically demanding course to deliver.
- It is not recommended that pregnant women undertake this course. A letter from the doctor will be required if a candidate is pregnant.
On completion of this one day Manual Handling Instructor refresher Course, each candidate will receive a certificate of attendance issued by Safety First Training.
Why Choose us to do your training?
•Our Experience (15 years)
•The qualifications of our team (All have a healthcare background & hands on experience)
•We like training and are friendly, supportive & good fun
Contact us for more information or to book a course